Friday, October 24, 2008

Fwd: Charles - Answers to yesteday's questions

1) How quick can one start making money when one is desperate?

I am going to jump right into this one first. That is a great
question, and contrary to all the hype you see online about
getting ric.h overnight, this is not a ge.t ric.h quick
business, although some people do get rich in a hurry. Some
really do. But it is an inconsistent business when you are
first getting started.

If you have a list or are promoting a product already, you
know that some days you only get 3 subscribers and some
you may get 100. Some days you do not sell anything, and
others you get four orders for $67 each. When you have 100
sales a day, then if it fluctuates by 10 sales daily it is
no big deal - one day you get 90, the next 100, the 110, etc,
and maybe down to 80 on another day.

But when you have a small list and only 100 visitors a day -
you get 1 one day, none the next, 2 the next day--not enough
to pay the bills.

So if you are really desperate, and you cannot afford to go a
few months without much income if it happens that way, then you
probably shouldn't be gambling on the internet to make you ric.h
fast. But if you are not so desperate that you can take a few
months and really learn the ropes, then maybe if you work really
hard you can build a business.

You see, I think that one of the biggest disservices online is
when someone sells something with the premise that if you will
just do this and this exactly like I have done it, then you will
get ric.h. What we can do online is show you what we have done,
so you can model it.

For example, if I share with 100 people the exact same methods
that I use, and tell you to go out and do the exact same thing,
what is going to happen? Have you ever gotten 7 of the exact
same email from 7 different lists that you are on?

The market simply becomes saturated with the one product
that is claimed to be the end all and be all. So all you can
really do is model what someone else is doing, who is
successful.

I hate to say this too, but I do not believe it is possible to
set up a true 'cookie cutter' online system. If you see a web
site that promises that all you have to do is promote that one
web site and you will get rich, I think that is bunk.

Sure, if you are one of 10 people promoting it, yes, maybe
you will make money. But if I sell the same web site to 1000
people, what happens? Nobody gets ric.h.

Think about this. I could sell my entire business. I could sell
all my articles, all my auto responder campaigns, and all my
squeeze pages. If I sold them to one person, he could do just as
well as I do with them. If I sold them to 2 people, maybe they
could do just as well. But what would happen if I sold them to
1000 people? You know the answer.

Here is another question I received: My biggest question is how
do I promote a site from scratch? I mean I don't know how to
make a link or exchange a link, or anything like that. My other
question is how do I link or put a link on another website?

There are many ways to do that, and I am currently writing a
book on how to build a huge list and I am including an in depth
study on how to drive traffic to your site so you can build a
list.

But for today, I have a few questions for you.

Do you have a web site to promote?

If you do not, that is step one.

If you do have a website to promote, and you want to get links,
the easiest thing to do is to stop thinking about just getting
links for the sake of getting links.

Do this instead: write articles. Short articles that are full
of strong information. Like 350-500 words. At the very end of the
article, write something about yourself (a bio) and add a strong
call to action with a link to your website. Submit your article
to the top article directories like Ezinearticles.com and
Goarticles.com. If you have written something rational, almost
all of them will publish your article.

Two things happen.

1, People read your article. They like what you have to say
and click your link. That creates traffic.

2, The search engines pick up the link you placed in the bio
and give you credit for having links and increase your search
engine rankings.

I hope this has been helpful. Over the next few days I am going
to try to answer as many more questions as I can. I want to
strike a good balance between getting this info to you and not
inundating you with emails.

Again, send me your questions and I will answer as many as I can
(a lot of the questions that came in were variants on the same
question, so if I answer another question that is really similar
and the answer would be the same for both questions, I probably
won't address both - I am sure you understand!


Until next time,
Gabor Olah
http://plrwholesaler.com

PS. Red Hot Niche PLR Newsletter Packs:
http://plrwholesaler.com/nichenewsletters

No comments: